Valentine’s Day is right around the corner – I’m usually pretty private in terms of my marriage, but I thought I’d do a fun little questionnaire and share a little bit with you for a change.
1. Where did you meet your other half?
Blake & I have known each other since the 6th grade. Yep. SIXTH GRADE. I think that means we were, like, what? 11 years old. As cliche as it may seem – I just always knew there was something about him, even back then.
2. How long have you been with your significant other?
We’ve been together for 10 years, married for 4! And decades of friendship prior.
3. If you’re married, when did you say “I do”?
March 17, 2012
4. What song did dance to?
You Make It Real For Me – James Morrison
5. Do you have any children yet?
Yes! We have a crazy-handsome little 2 year old, Haden. And in November, we welcomed our second baby, our little girl, Cadence.
6. What’s your favorite thing about your other half?
The way he loves me. The endless nights he puts in at work to make sure our family is provided for. He is the most selfless person I know. He prays for me, protects me and honors me. He also draws the line in the sand when I get too sassy.
7. Were you and your other half high school sweethearts?
Ha! Definitely not. We were in completely different places.
8. Where was your first date?
The Fort Worth Zoo. I remember it like it was yesterday. We lied to our friends and told them we went with our parents because we weren’t ready to let the cat out of the bag. Silly.
9. How long were you dating before you said “I love you”?
Not long at all, maybe a few short weeks.
10. How long were you dating your other half before he/she proposed?
A year. We ended up being engaged for 4 years! Yes, 4. We had lots of maturing to do, graduated college and travelled before tying the knot.
11. Where is your favorite place you have traveled with your other half?
12. How do you and your other half usually spend Valentines Day?
We usually avoid the rush and crowds in public. We’re not too exciting. Pj’s and pizza is more our style.
13. What does your favorite date night’ consist of?
Again, we’re not the most lively bunch. We honestly just enjoy a good steak and wine. We’re lucky to get a sitter. Netflix and takeout is how we roll these days.
14. What is the best gift you have received from your other half?